This book will be released in August 2022 for the 2023 season.
Wheat Varieties for Kansas and the Great Plains: Your Best Choices has been the annual bible on wheat varieties since 1987.
You’ll find objective ratings and yield results on all the current wheat varieties for Kansas, Oklahoma, the Texas Panhandle, southern Nebraska, and eastern Colorado. Our ratings reflect the combined judgments of not just one expert, but of the top public and private wheat breeders, agronomists, and plant pathologists from Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, and Colorado.
In each book, you’ll get:
- Full-sized maps showing where each variety is best adapted
- Charts comparing varieties for many traits, including
- Yield record
- Stripe rust
- Leaf rust
- Wheat streak mosaic
- Hessian fly
- Head scab
- Straw strength
- Early spring greenup
- Maturity and height
- Drought tolerance
- Grazing potential
- Milling and baking quality
- And much more!
- Strengths and weaknesses of each variety
- Covers Kansas, Oklahoma, southern Nebraska, eastern Colorado, and Texas Panhandle